[ensembl-dev] [EnsemblGenomeViewer and DAS] – Problem with GRADIENT, HISTOGRAM, etc. types…

Cosmo 4213 cosmo.4213 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 15:50:44 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am completely desperate with a problem (I spent about 3 days on this
problem) with the EnsemblGenomeViewer and its DAS part and I really hope
that someone could help me (or even give me clues)…

Using Ensembl Genome Viewer and the Distributed Annotation System, I want to
display my annotations (features) as gradients, histograms, as presented at:
http://www.dasregistry.org/extension_stylesheet_histogram.jsp

As explained, to make it possible, the DAS server (I am using the Sanger
proserver DAS server) must provide a stylesheet with specific type elements:
GRADIENT, HISTOGRAM, etc…

Also, logically, the feature element must refers to this type (GRADIENT or
HISTOGRAM, …) with start, end, score, type, ori attributes…

The thing is that:

When I try this, nothing is displayed in my panel… Or more precisely, my
track disappears (not an empty track or an error track, it is like if my
track is not added)…

For test:

When I try this, without defining a type attribute in my feature elements,
my track is well displayed, but not as a gradient or histogram.

When I try this, with defining a wrong type name in my feature elements
(defined as “FOO” for exemple), my track is well displayed, but also not as
a gradient or histogram.

It really seems that the GRADIENT or HISTOGRAM types are detected but that
something wrong is happening somewhere in the processing…

Does someone has an idea how it could be possible?

I have tried to validate my DAS source with:

http://www.dasregistry.org/validateServer.jsp

and everything seems ok.

The very strange thing is I that I was able to display my tracks as GRADIENT
few weeks ago… :(

Does someone know if there where something changed in the DAS part of the
Ensembl Genome Viewer last weeks ?

Thank you so much for all your advices or clue concerning my problem.

Best,

Cosmo