[ensembl-dev] list of chromosomes in an organism

Andrea Edwards edwardsa at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 14:52:42 GMT 2010

Hi

I made a mistake in my last message, wasn't concentrating. I should have
said:

  I have got a list of the chromosomes
in the cow genome using the perl API and the 'Y' chromosome is named MT.
However I can't retrieve this chromosome using either of the following

$slice = $slice_adaptor->fetch_by_region('chromosome','Y');
$slice = $slice_adaptor->fetch_by_region('chromosome','MT');

The $slice is undefined

I did this workaround to get chromsomes 1-29, X and MT

@slices = @{ $slice_adaptor->fetch_all('chromosome') };
foreach $slice (@slices) {

     unless ($slice->seq_region_name() =~ /Un/) {
     }
}

But i was curious why I couldn't get MT directly

thanks