[ensembl-dev] Gene/transcript colour_key not loaded properly

Ha X. Dang dxha at vt.edu
Fri Nov 5 18:15:00 GMT 2010

Hi Ensemblers,

I'm using Ensembl v56 and I have a genes predicted by several programs and
want to color them differently in region view, so I add colour_key to the
web_data field of the analysis corresponding to the gene predictor, eg. for
geneid I have:

analysis_description.web_data = {'colour_key' => 'geneid_gene', 'caption' =>
'Genes','label_key' => '[text_label] [display_label]','name' =>
'Genes','default' => {'MultiTop' => 'gene_label','
contigviewbottom' => 'transcript_label','MultiBottom' =>
'collapsed_label','contigviewtop' => 'gene_label','alignsliceviewbottom' =>
'as_collapsed_label','cytoview' => 'gene_label'},'key' => 'ensembl'}

geneid_gene, gene_wise, etc. colour keys were already configured in
COLOUR.ini file in [gene] section.

Howerver, it doesn't seem to load the colour_key correctly for the gene
object. I dumped the data and saw that for all genes/transcripts, the
colour_key is always the same (eg. 'genewise_gene') and that made all
genes/transcripts to have the same display color.

Could someone have any idea on how this happens or point me to the module
that load the web_data (colour_key) for gene/transcript object?
Specifically, what is the module that loads:

$gene->{my_config}{_tree_info}{nodes}{transcript_core_ensembl}{data}{colour_key}?

I think there is some bug with this module.

Thanks a lot.

//Ha