[ensembl-dev] codon for a genomic loci

Hardip Patel H.Patel at victorchang.edu.au
Mon Dec 20 13:27:31 GMT 2010

Hi all

Is there a way to know which codon a genomic loci participates in?

I was planning to go through, fetching transcripts for a splice created on single nucleotide of the genome, then checking if the position coincides with the exon, and if so, moving on to checking translation of the exon to see the codon for the genomic loci.

I was wondering if there is a straight forward solution to it. I have the genomic loci and want to the codon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you.

Regards
--
Hardip R. Patel
Bioinformatician, Molecular Genetics Division,