[ensembl-dev] Prediction of consequence type for novel variants

Sung Gong sung at bio.cc
Tue Dec 14 14:58:57 GMT 2010

Hi Will,

One more question about start/end positions in case of indels.

In the API document
(http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Pdoc/ensembl-variation/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Variation/VariationFeature.html),
it says:
    # Variation feature representing a 2bp insertion
    $vf = Bio::EnsEMBL::Variation::VariationFeature->new
       (-start   => 1522,
        -end     => 1521, # end = start-1 for insert
        -strand  => -1,
        -slice   => $slice,
        -allele_string => '-/AA',
        -variation_name => 'rs12111',
        -map_weight  => 1,
        -variation => $v2);

The example above is only for -1 strand?
How can I generalise to set -start and -end?

Cheers,
Sung