[ensembl-dev] $NCBI_taxon_adaptor->fetch_node_by_name() broken in EnsemblGenomes 7

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 13:39:56 GMT 2010

Hi Giuseppe,

It seems that the taxonomy tables were missed out of the load for some unknown reason. I have gone & populated the servers and am updating the MySQL dumps we provide so for anyone who is providing mirrors of this data you will have to update ncbi_taxa_name and ncbi_taxa_node.

Your method should now work. However as an aside if you are looking for homologies linked to Plasmodium falciparum please watch out for the naming used in the Taxonomy as well as the taxonomy identifier linked to the genome db. In this situation our falciparum is linked to taxon 36329 which has the name Plasmodium falciparum 3D7. Using Plasmodium falciparum will return back 5833 & will not link to any valid GenomeDB.

Reagrds,

Andy