[ensembl-dev] Re: Re: Re: Can't connect to ensembl database

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 11:15:09 BST 2010

The only other thing I can think of is to change the line @ 1415 in Registry.pm to the following

my $dbh =
    DBI->connect( "DBI:mysql:host=$host;port=$port", $user, $pass )
    or throw ('Cannot connect to Ensembl DB: '.$DBI::errstr);

This must be an inability to connect to the database so the code should error if it is unable to do so. Hopefully this will provide some more useful information than the current error.

Andy