[ensembl-dev] Variation - apply variant to slice and return it

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 14:18:43 BST 2012

Hi Ben,

You might be able to do something with the StrainSlice code.

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Doxygen/core-api/classBio_1_1EnsEMBL_1_1StrainSlice.html

This is essentially a slice with an associated list of variation
feature objects.

When you call $strain_slice->seq, the variant sequences are applied to
the slice's sequence and the changed sequence returned.

You'd have to spoof creating one; take a look at the new method in the
above, and the seq method for how it applies the sequence changes.

Cheers

Will