[ensembl-dev] compara and zebra proteins

Javier Herrero jherrero at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 14:35:54 GMT 2010

Hi Greg

As you mention, the fetch_by_source_stable_id method can take undef as a
source, effectively doing the work of a potential "fetch_by_stable_id" method.

The source name is not required when using Ensembl stable IDs. However, for
organisms where the stable IDs have been assigned externally like for
C.elegans you can have the same stable ID for the gene and the protein.
Specifying the source name is the only way to ensure you get the data you
want.

Javier