[ensembl-dev] Gene xrefs and descriptions in a flat file?

Julie Sullivan julie.sullivan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:22:02 BST 2022

Is there a flat file I can download that contains gene xrefs and
descriptions?

I see the end point in the REST API for xrefs but I don't see descriptions.

https://rest.ensembl.org/

And I see the Perl API has these data so I can do this:

$gene->stable_id."\t".$gene->description."\n";

But the environment I'm running these scripts in doesn't allow for me to
install the mysql client, so I haven't be able to successfully run that
except on my laptop (where it times out).

Any suggestions? Thank you!!