[ensembl-dev] Clinical Applications of SIFT/PolyPhen score(s)

Jun Dai jun.d at ayassbioscience.com
Wed May 4 20:37:56 BST 2022

Hi All,

Greetings! I am working on a cancer predicting system based on genetic
testing results  (for example, a few mutated genes detected, such as BRCA2
deletion, PTEN mutation, etc.). Specifically, I want to provide prognostic
information regarding the detected genetic alterations. I noticed SIFT or
PolyPhen among many others could provide information about each of the
genetic alterations. Does anyone have any experience to predict the
prognostics or something similar, for example, the correlation or causal
relationship with invasion or metastasis .

Thank you!
JD