[ensembl-dev] VEP REST API response change for build 38 of the human reference gnome

Donald Friggieri donald.friggieri.02 at um.edu.mt
Sat Jul 30 17:55:35 BST 2022

To whom it may concern,

I am using the VEP REST API to query variants for both build 37 and 38 of
the human reference genome and today I noticed that something changed in
the JSON response for build 38. The minor_allele_freq entry which was
located in the colocated_variants is not being returned anymore.

Was this removed intentionally for build 38 or is it a bug? I am asking
because I don't recall any changes in this regard in the changelog for
release 107.

If there was indeed a change in the swagger/openapi contract, is there an
equivalent of the minor_allele_freq in the current response?

Thanks in advance
Donald