[ensembl-dev] Ensembl 104 and Ensembl Genomes 51 are out!

Michal Szpak ms30 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 5 17:21:59 BST 2021

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes updates have been released:

http://www.ensembl.org/

http://ensemblgenomes.org

Highlights of this release include:
Update to the Ensembl Canonical transcript set
Human and mouse genes updated to GENCODE 38 and GENCODE M27, respectively
Update to the GRCh37 variation and regulation data
Four new plant species/cultivars
New genome assemblies and updated genes for existing species: two birds, one reptile, one fish and two plants
New variation data for four vertebrates
Major data update for 43 metazoans including updated variant consequences and community-based gene annotations from VEuPathDB
Retirement of clone-based gene names
The release blog post with all news can be viewed here:

https://www.ensembl.info/2021/05/05/ensembl-104-has-been-released/

For the latest news from the Ensembl project visit our blog at:

http://www.ensembl.info

Best wishes,

Michal

On behalf of the Ensembl team