[ensembl-dev] Jobs at Ensembl

Michal Szpak ms30 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 9 15:03:06 GMT 2020

Hello dev-ers,

We have six jobs open at the moment, with one opening closing tomorrow:

Job: Scientific Programmer

We’re looking for an experienced developer to contribute to our variation resources. We’re looking for extensive programming experience (Perl or Python) and years’ experience working in a production development environment, ideally creating efficient large-scale data analysis pipelines, user-friendly tools and APIs. Closes 10th November.

http://www.ensembl.info/2020/10/20/job-scientific-programmer/

Job: Bioinformatician (model organism genomics)

Alliance of Genome Resources (AGR) is looking for an experienced bioinformatician to work on model organism genome resources. We’re looking for MSc/PhD in bioinformatics or a related subject, two years’ experience working in a software-oriented role and proficiency in at least two programming languages. Closes 19th November.

http://www.ensembl.info/2020/10/20/job-bioinformatician-model-organism-genomics/

Job: Bioinformatician (parasite genomics)

WormBase ParaSite is looking for an experienced bioinformatician to work on resources for parasitic worm genomics. We’re looking for MSc/PhD in bioinformatics or a related subject, experience working with relational database systems and proficiency in at least two programming languages. Closes 23rd November.

http://www.ensembl.info/2020/10/20/job-bioinformatician-parasite-genomics/

Job: Ensembl Outreach Manager

We’re looking for a manager for our outreach activities including training and user support. We’re looking for a PhD or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, molecular biology, genetics or a related discipline, excellent communication skills and experience in planning and delivering training. Closes 4th December.

http://www.ensembl.info/2020/11/02/job-ensembl-outreach-manager/

Job: Outreach Officer

We’re looking for an outreach officer to design and deliver training on our resources and support our users. We’re looking for a background in genetics, genomics, bioinformatics or a related field and excellent communication skills. Closes 9th December.

http://www.ensembl.info/2020/11/02/job-outreach-officer/

Job: Genome Annotator (Regulation)

We’re looking for a genome annotator to work on gene and regulatory features annotation in human and mouse. We’re looking for a BSc, MSc or equivalent experience in Molecular or Cell Biology, Genetics, Genomics or related fields and experience of working on the biology of gene regulation. Closes 18th December.

http://www.ensembl.info/2020/11/09/job-genome-annotator-regulation-2/

Please follow the instructions in the ad to apply.

All the best,

Michal

 --

Michał Szpak, Ph.D.