[ensembl-dev] inexplicable BioMart errors

Jerry Vinokurov jvinokurov at flatironinstitute.org
Mon Jun 22 17:30:59 BST 2020

Hello,

I have been trying to access BioMart programmatically recently, and it has
not worked, so I have resorted to trying to download the data I need
manually. This has also failed. Rather than describe the specific
operations I performed, I'm linking a gif with the screen capture from my
attempt to get results from the BioMart web interface:
https://giphy.com/gifs/IeFs2eBsSxGk9U7tsT/links. This operation did seem to
work at least once earlier today, but now fails with an opaque stack trace.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong here, but if I am, I certainly
shouldn't be seeing stack traces like this.

thanks,
Jerry