[ensembl-dev] Ensembl 96 and Ensembl Genomes 43 are out!
MEC at stowers.org
Tue May 21 16:26:41 BST 2019
I read at 25 fish EPO<https://www.ensembl.org/info/genome/compara/mlss.html?mlss=1497> that “This alignment has been generated in Ensembl release 96”
Yet I see no mention of it in Ensembl 96 and Ensembl Genomes 43 are out!<http://www.ensembl.info/2019/04/09/ensembl-96-and-ensembl-genomes-43-are-out/>
Is this perhaps:
1. an oversight on your part
2. or might the fish alignment be older that this
3. or I should expect to find announcements re comparative genomics efforts elsewhere?
4. Or am I otherwise misunderstanding how Ensembl is organized.
Also, is there anywhere an announcement for the alignment I might share among possibly interested colleagues, and is there anywhere a description of what it is replacing (if anything) (esp: was there a prior fish MSA that included Mexican tetra?),
Thanks very much,
From: Dev <dev-bounces at ensembl.org> On Behalf Of Astrid Gall
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:01 AM
To: dev at ensembl.org; announce at ensembl.org; ensembl-campus at ebi.ac.uk
Subject: [ensembl-dev] Ensembl 96 and Ensembl Genomes 43 are out!
**CAUTION: Non-Stowers email**
We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes updates have been released:
Highlights of this release include:
* First-pass full annotation of the mouse genome (GENCODE M21 gene set)
* Release of Ensembl-RefSeq MANE Select v0.5 transcripts
* Update to GENCODE 30 for human
* Joint REST server for Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes
* Changes to FTP directory layout
* New genomes: 19 birds, five reptiles and 12 mammals
* New interface for configuration of regulation tracks
The release blog post with all news can be viewed here:
For the latest news from the Ensembl project visit our blog at:
The release webinar is planned for Wednesday 17th April 2019 at 16:00 BST. Please register using the following URL:
Registration is free.
On behalf of the Ensembl team
Dr Astrid Gall
Ensembl Outreach Officer
European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
Wellcome Genome Campus
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Dev