[ensembl-dev] TreeBEST-compatible species tree

Greg Slodkowicz gslodko at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 3 11:05:53 GMT 2019

Dear developers,
I was wondering if there is a way to access the species tree that is used for running TreeBEST? I have the ’normal’ Newick species tree from the Compara GitHub repository but it seems like TreeBEST is quite picky about the labelling of the tree nodes.

What I would like to do is re-run gene-species tree reconciliation for a few gene trees of interest, get bootstrap replicates for that tree and then run some downstream analysis on them to get a measure of uncertainty introduced by the differences in the tree.I would ideally like the species tree from an archival (release 78) version of Ensembl (though I imagine it hasn’t changed that much).

Many thanks,
Greg
--
Dr Greg Slodkowicz