[ensembl-dev] is_circular returns 0 for mitochondrial DNA

Alessandro Vullo avullo at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 10:22:54 GMT 2018

Dear Rainer,

On 30/10/2018 11:07, Rainer Johannes wrote:
> I was puzzled that is_circular on the mitochondrial DNA returns 0. Below is the code I used - eventually there is something wrong with it. I'm using the Perl API version 94 and perl 5, version 18, subversion 0 (v5.18.0).

You are correct, and we're aware of the inconsistency.

So far, we've never put any effort into correcting it in order to better
reflect biological reality but we're gonna solve the issue.

Unfortunately, it won't happen straight away as we have to investigate
the impact of the change across several species DBs. Likely to happen
for the next release.

Hope that helps,

Alessandro