[ensembl-dev] Ensembl local install Help

Dawood D dawood.nih at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:06:18 BST 2018

Hi All,
           Current instructions given on the Ensembl local install are not
clear

Does anybody has clear documentation (step by step) to install Ensembl
browser on local server?

Based on instructions from the page (
https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/webcode/mirror/install/index.html) I
downloaded all the components and my web server root folder looks like
below

apache2
bioperl-live
ensembl
ensembl-compara
ensembl-funcgen
ensembl-git-tools
ensembl-io
ensembl-orm
ensembl-tools
ensembl-variation
ensembl-webcode
public-plugins

Installed MySQL and loaded species specific data (downloaded from ensembl)
also.

But I couldn't see any browser html page (similar to each species page)

What else needs to be done?  Instructions were clear in some steps and some
steps lot of confusion

I appreciate if you can suggest clear step by step instructions to install
Ensembl browser locally

Thank you
Babu