[ensembl-dev] Ensembl 93 and Ensembl Genomes 40 have been released!

kanidta taweesap taweesap9 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 03:12:32 BST 2018

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: Erin Haskell
Date:17/07/2018 22:46 (GMT+07:00)
To: Ensembl developers list ,announce at ensembl.org,ensembl-campus at ebi.ac.uk
Subject: [ensembl-dev] Ensembl 93 and Ensembl Genomes 40 have been released!

Good afternoon everyone,

We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl (e!93) and Ensembl Genomes (EG 40) updates have been released.

Ensembl 93 - http://www.ensembl.org/
Highlights include:
- New human variant import from dbSNP 151, resulting in a doubling of our previous number of human variants
- New regulatory build & GENCODE (M18) gene set for mouse
- New species Leopard, Tiger and Hagfish
- New cat genome assembly - Felis catus 9.0
- Changes to VEP REST API endpoints
A complete list of changes can be found here: http://www.ensembl.info/2018/06/01/ensembl-93-has-been-released/

Ensembl Genomes 40 - http://ensemblgenomes.org
Bacteria, fungi, metazoa, plants and protists
Highlights include:
- New, chromosome level, wheat genome assembly from IWGSC
- 3 new plant species, Adzuki bean, carrot & pigeon pea
- 5 updated plant genomes
- Updated gene set for Leishmania major
A complete list of changes can be found in our EG release blog http://www.ensembl.info/2018/07/17/ensembl-genomes-40-has-been-released/

If you are interested in hearing more about these updates and how to find the new data in the browser, or to ask us any questions then please join us for our e93 release webinar. This is scheduled for Tuesday 24th July at 16:00 BST. Please register for free using the following URL https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/61604929142112002

Best regards,

Erin

Erin Haskell
Ensembl Outreach Officer