[ensembl-dev] R biomaRt : listDatasets issue

rm8 rm8 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 15:58:44 BST 2018

Hi All,
I struggling to connect to ENSEMBL 93 using R biomaRt package.
listData set returns 68 datasets instead of 98 listed the example page and “hsapiens_gene_ensembl” is not included in the list.

> library("biomaRt")
> listMarts()

================

$               biomart               version
	1 ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL      Ensembl Genes 93
	2   ENSEMBL_MART_MOUSE      Mouse strains 93
	3     ENSEMBL_MART_SNP  Ensembl Variation 93
	4 ENSEMBL_MART_FUNCGEN Ensembl Regulation 93

>  ensembl=useMart("ensembl")
> dim(listDatasets(ensembl))

> dim(listDatasets(ensembl))
	[1] 68  3

> ensembl = useMart("ensembl",dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl")

And when I try to connect using the dataset name I get the following error.

$ Error in checkDataset(dataset = dataset, mart = mart) :
  The given dataset:  hsapiens_gene_ensembl , is not valid.  Correct dataset names can be obtained with the listDatasets() function.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.

Mamun