[ensembl-dev] Biomart connection

Pankaj Agarwal p.agarwal at duke.edu
Wed Apr 18 19:27:24 BST 2018

Hi,
I am trying to connect to biomart through R as follows and sometimes it works fine and sometimes I get the following error (today it only giving the error)

library("biomaRt")
listMarts()
               biomart               version
1 ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL      Ensembl Genes 92
2   ENSEMBL_MART_MOUSE      Mouse strains 92
3     ENSEMBL_MART_SNP  Ensembl Variation 92
4 ENSEMBL_MART_FUNCGEN Ensembl Regulation 92

mart <- useMart(biomart = "ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
Error in useDataset(mart = mart, dataset = dataset, verbose = verbose) :
  The given dataset:  hsapiens_gene_ensembl , is not valid.  Correct dataset names can be obtained with the listDatasets function.

This same command has worked several times in the past.

Thanks,

- Pankaj

Pankaj Agarwal, M.S
Bioinformatician
Database Analyst II
Surgical Sciences Applied Therapeutics Section
Department of Surgery
Duke University
919-681-2251
p.agarwal at duke.edu<mailto:p.agarwal at duke.edu>