[ensembl-dev] Can't find primate multispecies alignment on ftp

Jack Kamm jk21 at sanger.ac.uk
Sat Oct 14 11:07:48 BST 2017

Dear all,

I can't find the 8-primate multispecies alignment on
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-90/emf/ensembl-compara/multiple_alignments/.

There is a 7-primate multispecies alignment in release 76,
(ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-76/emf/ensembl-compara/epo_7_primate/),
but subsequent releases seem to be missing this directory. The release
76 version suffices for my purposes, but I would prefer to use the most
recent version if possible.

I'm using the multispecies alignment to get human ancestral alleles
aligned to grch38. If there is an ancestral alleles FASTA somewhere that
would also be quite useful. But, I'd still like the multispecies EMF
files so I can compare different ways of calling the ancestral allele.

Thanks,
Jack Kamm