[ensembl-dev] VEP: Bug when using plugins from command line and config file

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Wed May 17 07:45:30 BST 2017

Dear devs,

I've noticed a bug in latest VEP 88 version. If you activate more than
one plugin, one in the config file and other directly in command line
all the annotation fields produced by plugins are rendered empty. See
the example below (my.conf would be the config file containing a line
activating plugin):

*vep -i input.vcf -o output.vcf -config my.conf -dir_plugins  dir_plugins
-dir_cache .vep -plugin Test***

I've managed to make this work "calling" all the plugins from command line.

Regards,
Guillermo