[ensembl-dev] VEP 89 gets files and caches for 88

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Thu Jun 1 15:10:32 BST 2017

Hi,

I just installed the latest VEP from ensembl-tools-release-89.zip , perl
INSTALL claims it "is configured to install v88 of the Ensembl API for
use by the VEP" [NOTE: v88 not v89]. It then grabs a lot of stuff that
has 88 in it's name or path, and when I install the human refseq cache
it gets:
  - downloading
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-88/variation/VEP/homo_sapiens_refseq_vep_88_GRCh37.tar.gz

I guess someone forgot to increment something somewhere ;-)

Regards,
Nicolas