[ensembl-dev] Caching information to avoid reconnection

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 16:38:43 BST 2017

Hello,
Is there a way to check if the sequence of a gene has been updated by
ensembl database before connecting to it? For example, I download a
sequence to a file and put the current time in that file. For accessing the
sequence, the program first compare the stored time and checks with the one
on the database. If the update time of the ensembl is newer than the stored
time, then the program reconnects and download again.
Please let me know if there is a way to cache such information to reduce
the connection and download overhead.

Regards,
Mahmood