[ensembl-dev] Ensembl website maintenance 10th April

Steve Trevanion steve at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Apr 9 13:04:01 BST 2017

Dear all,

The Hinxton based Ensembl websites (www.ensembl.org, grch37.ensembl.org
and pre.ensembl.org) will be unavailable on the morning of Mon 10th
April. Tools (eg VEP and BLAST) will be unavailable from 0830 GMT (UTC),
and the websites themselves will be offline from 1000h GMT. We are
aiming for all services to restored by 1200 GMT. We apologise for the
short notice and any inconvenience this might cause. This downtime is
needed for us to make some essential changes to the hardware on which
the sites run.

Archive and mirror websites will be largely unaffected, however as with
the Hinxton sites, tools will be unavailable on the mirrors from 0830
GMT until approximately 1200 GMT. There will be no impacts on the public
MySQL servers, FTP site or REST servers.

Regards,

Steve