[ensembl-dev] Bug in grCH37 Ensembl Version?

Fin Swimmer ensembl at need-login.de
Fri Oct 21 13:19:32 BST 2016

Hello,

a program we use imports gene information from ensembl in embl file format. For this it creates an
url like the one that appears if I export gene data from the website.

Within the program I have to fill in the ENSG number of the gene including the latest version number e.g.
ENSG00000083799.17 This is than used as a parameter. For hg38 it works with no problem. But for
grCH37, if there is a version number within, the url redirects to
http://grch37.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Gene/Output/Gene which is not correct I think. It should be http://grch37.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Export/Output/Gene, shouldn't it?

On the redirected page this message appears:

Runtime Error in component "EnsEMBL::Web::Component::Export::Output [content]"

Function EnsEMBL::Web::Component::Export::Output fails to execute due to the following error:

	Can't call method "process" on an undefined value at
	... /ensemblweb/grch37/www_86/ensembl-webcode/modules/EnsEMBL/Web/Component/Export/Output.pm line 40.

fin swimmer