[ensembl-dev] Load homo_sapiens_core_83_37 and homo_sapiens_core_83_38 databases on same sql server?

Luke Goodsell Luke.Goodsell at ogt.com
Mon Mar 14 20:46:48 GMT 2016

Hi,

Is it possible to load both the same releases of the GRCh37 and GRCh38 EnsEMBL databases on the same server and choose which assembly to use in the Perl API? We currently have them running on different mysqld instances, but this is undesirable.

I understand I could keep release n of 38 and release n-1 of 37, and load the corresponding perl modules, but this would quickly become a nightmare to maintain as new releases come out.

Kind regards,
Luke