[ensembl-dev] Is gene status available via REST services?

Mungo Carstairs (Staff) g.m.carstairs at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 09:03:22 GMT 2016

Hi,

>From help page (http://www.ensembl.org/Help/View?id=143)
"Gene type - The gene type includes both status (e.g. known) and biotype (e.g. protein coding)"

Sure enough I can read "Known protein coding" on the summary page for (e.g.) ENSG00000177565.

I can see biotype = protein_coding returned in
http://rest.ensembl.org/lookup/id/ENSG00000177565?content-type=application/json
but I haven't found the status ('known') via REST. Is it available?

Thanks,

Mungo

Mungo Carstairs
 Jalview Computational Scientist
 The Barton Group
 Division of Computational Biology
 School of Life Sciences
 University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
 www.jalview.org
 www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk