[ensembl-dev] Bio::EnsEMBL::Variation::TranscriptVariationAllele::peptide

Man Chun John MA manchunjohn-ma at uiowa.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:12:40 BST 2016

Hi,

Can you confirm that the peptide method in
Bio::EnsEMBL::Variation::TranscriptVariationAllele also translates the
peptide-level change caused by a frameshift allele? I have noticed some
similar methods in the Ensembl API don't do that since it's
computationally expensive, but since method is Bio::Seq-based, I won't
see it as a very serious computational burden.

By the way, I have changed my institution--is it appropriate to keep on
using the previous institution's email address in this mailing list? My

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Best regards,

Man Chun John Ma, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Lymphoma and Myeloma
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, Texas, USA

---