[ensembl-dev] querry about rest API, single nucleic coordinate for amino acid

Matiss Ozols matiss.ozols at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 11:44:14 BST 2016

Dear Ensembl team,
I have a query about mapping from protein coordinates to genomic coordinates:
When I map each amino acid I usually expect to get 3 nucleic acid coordinates, however in some cases I get only 2 or 1 coordinates. What would be the reason for this?

I use python to do this and my code is following:

ext = "http:/grch37.rest.ensembl.org/map/translation/ENSP00000325527/82..82;

this gives me a result: [48905207] - why is it just one nucleic acid coordinate instead of 3?

In other case : ext = "http:/grch37.rest.ensembl.org/map/translation/ENSP00000325527/54..54; Gives me : [48936803| 48936804]
;

However most of the time it is 3 coordinates as I expect it to be.

Hope you can help,
Best regards,

Matiss Ozols (Beng),
PhD researcher, School of Inflamation & Repair,
University of Manchester