[ensembl-dev] Ensembl 85 is out!

Helen Sparrow hsparrow at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 19:10:27 BST 2016

We are pleased to announce that the latest Ensembl update (e!85) has
been released:
http://www.ensembl.org/

Highlights of this release include:

- 30 new human epigenomes from the Roadmap Epigenomics Project
- Human and mouse: Updated GENCODE set; including manually annotated HAVANA annotation, and all CCDS genes
- Imported symbol names from the Vertebrate Gene Nomenclature Committee (VGNC) for Chimpanzee
- Improved highlighting options in the Location View for Userdata and Tracks
- Wasabi Tree viewer

A complete list of the changes in release 85 can be found at:
http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/news.html

For the latest news from the Ensembl project visit our blog at:
http://www.ensembl.info

The release 85 blog post can be viewed here:
http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2016/07/19/ensembl-85-has-been-released/

The e85 webinar is planned for Wednesday 27th July at 16:00 BST, please
register using the following URL. Registration is free.
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/events/2016/ensembl-release-85-webinar

Regards,

Helen
Ensembl Outreach Officer