[ensembl-dev] hgvs intronic syntax using VEP rest service

Kenric Leung kl1 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Jan 18 11:38:18 GMT 2016

Hi,

I’m trying to submit some hgvs annotations via the REST service and it looks like the endpoint has some problems dealing with +/- symbols.

Example:

wget -q --header='Content-type:application/json' 'http://rest.ensembl.org/vep/human/hgvs/9:g.136507304_136507305delCCinsAA?hgvs=1&ccds=1&canonical=1' -O -

which gives me back an hgvs result ENST00000277541.6:c.3643_3643+1delGGinsTT

Now if I use this syntax and go to the same endpoint:

wget -q --header='Content-type:application/json' "http://rest.ensembl.org/vep/human/hgvs/ENST00000277541.6:c.3643_3643+1delGGinsTT?hgvs=1&ccds=1&canonical=1" -O -

I get 400 response code.

I’ve tried replacing the + symbol with %2B and that doesn’t seem to work either.

Is there any way I can use the REST service with hgvs that has intronic regions?

Thanks,
Kenric