[ensembl-dev] Free online interactive Ensembl browser workshop

Emily Perry emily at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 09:29:56 GMT 2016

Hello dev-ers

We're excited to announce our free online, interactive Ensembl browser
workshop. We know that you're all experienced Ensembl users so this
might not be for you, but please pass this on to colleagues who might be
interested.

We're going to hold a series of live webinars, each representing a
single module in a normal one-day Ensembl course. We will then post
exercises online for participants to work on in their own time. If
people can't make a webinar, we'll post the recordings online
afterwards, but the live webinars allow participants to interact with us
and ask questions, so it's always best to attend the live one if you
can. We've also set up a Facebook group so participants can discuss the
exercises with each other and us.

It's completely free, there's some free software to attend the webinars
themselves, but otherwise just web browser stuff.

There's more details, including links to the course, in our blog post here:
http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2016/02/16/learn-about-ensembl-online-live-and-free/

If this sounds like something you'd be keen on, we look forward to
seeing you at the course, otherwise please pass it on to any friends or
colleagues who might benefit from this. We're really excited about the
opportunity to get training out to places that otherwise wouldn't be
able to bring us out.

Thanks

Emily

--