[ensembl-dev] multi-species MySQL data: how to find out species for a gene?

Dmitry Kuznetsov Dmitry.Kuznetsov at isb-sib.ch
Thu Sep 24 19:01:56 BST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to analyse bacterial genomes via direct MySQL access to *core*
databases according to http://ensemblgenomes.org/info/access/mysql

The datasets of my interest (e.g. bacteria_95_collection_core_28_81_1) are
organised as "collection of species", though they use the DB schema designed
initially for single organism datasets. For example,  table "genes" contains
genes for all 19 species, without any note of species. How one could find
out genes - species relationship from these "multi-species" datasets?

Thanks for your help,

Dmitry.

Dmitry Kuznetsov

+41 (21) 692-40-62

Dmitry.Kuznetsov at isb-sib.ch

www.isb-sib.ch <http://www.isb-sib.ch/>

https://www.isb-sib.ch/galleries/xmax-children-2013/asdfjhaskjhiuz3124kjhask
jh231487sdfjoasidfjaohj3487cskdjksh35sdjsk34921387432kj4nh123k09as8dasdfaskd
fhaskdjfhksh2341kh/sib_logo.png