[ensembl-dev] Retrieve segmental duplications in EnsEMBL API?

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 14:21:12 BST 2015

Dear Luke

We don't annotate segmental duplications ourselves. We'd like to import
the "Eichlerian" duplications from their website
http://eichlerlab.gs.washington.edu/database.html but their data are on
previous human / mouse / rat / etc assemblies, so it wouldn't fit our model.

We have in the database and our FTP site a LastZ self-alignment of the
current human assembly (GRCh38). You would have to process the data
(filter on length, identity, etc) yourself, though.

Regards,
Matthieu