[ensembl-dev] Ensembl Genomes release 29 is out!

Denise Carvalho-Silva denise at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 16:22:31 BST 2015

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that the latest update of Ensembl Genomes has been released.

Highlights of this release include:

	• Pairwise alignments for more than 50 plant genomes including potato and tomato, cacao and grape, and several Oryza sp
	• Newly available genomes from INSDC into our ever expanding Protists and Fungi divisions
	• Cross-references of genes in Fungi and Protists to the Pathogen – Host Interaction Database (PHI-base)
	• Additional 6,806 bacterial genomes imported from ENA <http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena>
	• Protein domain information from InterProScan (version 5.14-53.0)

Genomic alignments

	New pairwise alignments have been extended to additional plant genomes and can be viewed in our browser <http://plants.ensembl.org/Solanum_tuberosum/Location/Multi?db=core;g=PGSC0003DMG400023754;r=1:80939326-80946811;r1=1:92723872-92731357:1;s1=Solanum_lycopersicum> website.
	The alignment text <http://plants.ensembl.org/Solanum_tuberosum/Location/Compara_Alignments?align=9420;db=core;g=PGSC0003DMG400023754;r=1:80940360-80945890> can be downloaded in different file formats.
	Whole genome alignments can also be retrieved via our FTP or programmatically using our APIs.

	View the complete list of genomic alignments <http://plants.ensembl.org/compara_analyses.html> available in this new release.

Marking your favourite region, gene, exon, or variant

	You can now mark a selected region when browsing the Ensembl Genomes websites.
	Drag and select your favourite gene and use the pop-up window to mark it. You can also click on the gene itself to mark the location of it.

Other news

	Updated BioMart: Protists, Metazoa, Fungi and Plants
	Updated peptide comparative genomics <http://ensemblgenomes.org/info/data/peptide_compara>
	New assemblies and annotations for existing fungal species
	Gene families available in Protists

A complete list of the changes can be found on the Ensembl Genomes <http://ensemblgenomes.org/info/release-notes/29> website.

Any questions or comments? Get in touch <mailto:helpdesk at ensemblgenomes.org>.

Best wishes,