[ensembl-dev] Ensembl release 82 is out!

Ivan Adzhubey iadzhubey at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 6 02:06:01 BST 2015

Hi Rishi,

On Monday, October 05, 2015 11:05:15 AM Rishi Nag wrote:
> Hi Ivan
>
> Was the -d option specified with INSTALL.pl?

Yep.

> This is where downloaded code
> modules end up. Using this would give the listing as specified below but
> the location of the ensembl-tools scripts would still be where the
> ensembl-tools archive was unzipped.

Hmm, looks like the INSTALL.pl used to also copy the executables in the
directory specified by the -d switch, at least up to version 80. That's the
version of the script(s) I found stuck on my system.

Anyway, not actually installing the executables into target location specified
(explicitly) looks like a very counter-intuitive behavior to me. At least it
should be clearly documented.

One more question, here's the header excerpt from the example VCF generated by
the test run:

$ head -7 example_annotated_GRCh37.vcf
## ENSEMBL VARIANT EFFECT PREDICTOR v82
## Output produced at 2015-10-05 20:54:32
## Using cache in /net/data/vep/homo_sapiens/82_GRCh37
## Using API version 82, DB version ?
## polyphen version 2.2.2
## sift version sift5.2.2
## COSMIC version 71

Why the DB version is reported as missing (?) on line 4? Is this normal? The
cache path specified is correct.

Thanks,
Ivan

--