[ensembl-dev] ensembl genomes VEP

Seth Redmond snr at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 15:23:57 GMT 2015

I’m having some trouble getting the VEP to work on a P.berghei cache downloaded from ensemblgenomes (ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/protists/current/vep/). Though it doesn’t seem to be throwing any errors and is apparently reading in the correct files for each chromosome, I’m still not getting any transcripts found for any loci.

Could be a version issue, but is there any way to be sure of the ensembl version from the cache itself? or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

thanks

-s

--
Seth Redmond