[ensembl-dev] ApoC3 is missing

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 18:55:42 GMT 2015

Dear Sébastien,

It looks like ApoC3 has not been annotated by the Ensembl pipeline. You
can have a look at the region with most of the evidence switched on:
http://www.ensembl.org/Gallus_gallus/Share/6ce226669bc7414392cd55e837dc1982178952913
(it is the same location as on the NCBI browser)

Some ESTs and cDNAs mapping there, and there even is a Genscan
prediction, but no proteins are aligned to this locus. This could be the
reason why the Genescan gene model was not retained by the Ensembl
pipeline. Perhaps a genebuilder can shed some light on the situation ?

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Muffato, Ph.D.
Ensembl Compara Project Leader