[ensembl-dev] Question about Supporting evidence / Core API

Marc P. Hoeppner mphoeppner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:42:27 BST 2015

Dear EnsEMBL team,

Using EnsEMBL 79, I am trying to generate a best-guess mapping between
Uniprot accession numbers and EnsEMBL transcripts. First, I tried:

fetch_all_by_external_name ()

But I noticed that this was leaving a lot of Uniprot accessions
unmapped. I then checked on the website and found that these Uniprot
accession tend to come up as "Supporting evidence". However, trying

my $transcripts =
$transcript_adaptor->fetch_all_by_transcript_supporting_evidence($accession,"protein_align_feature");

didn't seem to work. I am probably missing something about how this data
is connected internally - are there feature sources other than
"protein_align_feature" and "dna_align_feature", or does this connect
via another adapter?

An example where this is not working for me would be Uniprot entry A0M8Q6

Kind regards,

Marc