[ensembl-dev] Jobs at Ensembl

Paul Flicek flicek at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 09:02:10 GMT 2015

Ensembl is hiring!

We are looking for a total of three talented computational biologists, computer scientists, software developers or bioinformaticians.

Position 1: Ensembl Regulation
This position is focused on turning the latest epigenomic datasets into functional features such as promoters and enhancers, and working closely with the Centre for Therapeutic Target Validation project.

A link to the full job description including required programming and technical skills is here:
http://www.embl.de/aboutus/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?newlang=1&ref=EBI_00477

Deadline for applications: Tuesday 20 January
Direct questions about the position should be addressed to Daniel Zerbino (zerbino at ebi.ac.uk)

Positions 2 and 3: Ensembl Comparative Genomics
There are two positions in Ensembl Compara.  One is focused on TreeFam and the Ensembl Gene Trees and the other developing support for the whole genome alignments within Ensembl.  Both positions will respond to the challenge and excitement of the hundreds of new genomes now being sequenced.

Links to the full job descriptions including required programming and technical skills are here:
http://www.embl.de/aboutus/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?newlang=1&ref=EBI_00478
http://www.embl.de/aboutus/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?newlang=1&ref=EBI_00480

Deadline for applications: Friday 30 January
Direct questions about the position should be addressed to Matthieu Muffato (muffato at ebi.ac.uk)

These posts feature and a competitive salary and an initial three year contact.

Please let me or the post contacts above know if you have any questions and please share this with anyone that you think may be appropriate for the positions.

Paul Flicek
on behalf of the entire Ensembl Team