[ensembl-dev] mod(mdg4)-FBgn0002781 does not exist in GTF gene setfor Drosophila melanogaster

Amonida Zadissa amonida at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 13:45:47 BST 2015

On 21/08/2015 12:23, José Manuel Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi Amonida,
>
> How are you?

I'm fine thanks, hope you're well too.

>> The FBgn0002781 gene contains a trans-splicing transcript and
>> unfortunately our GTF dumping pipeline can't handle cases where the
>> gene and transcript are on different strands.
>
> Sad news… Do you think to include these cases in your GTF dumping?
> Maybe for the next release or the e83 release?

Actually, this is the only trans-splicing gene in the entire set of
Ensembl annotations. So the current frequency of their present is very
low. Regardless though we are looking into if/how to represent such
genes in Ensembl; at the moment this gene just breaks the pipeline. I
can't tell you when it will be resolved though.

Best regards,
Amonida