[ensembl-dev] biomaRt issue

Julien Roux julien.roux at unil.ch
Wed Apr 15 15:34:41 BST 2015

Hi all,
Not sure this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not.

I'm having troubles retrieving data with biomaRt (2.18) from Ensembl 71
 > library("biomaRt")
 > ensembl71 <- useMart(host='apr2013.archive.ensembl.org',
biomart='ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL', dataset='hsapiens_gene_ensembl')
 > GO <- getBM(attributes=c('go_id', 'name_1006', 'namespace_1003'),
mart = ensembl71)
Error in value[[3L]](cond) :
   Request to BioMart web service failed. Verify if you are still
connected to the internet.  Alternatively the BioMart web service is
temporarily down.

However the fwollowing commands work well, so I wonder if the service is
really down or if there is some other issue
 > listFilters(ensembl71)
 > listAttributes(ensembl71)

Best
Julien