[ensembl-dev] VEP: Cache assembly version (GRCh37) and database or selected assembly version (GRCh38) do not match

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Mon Sep 15 08:56:59 BST 2014

Hello,

I installed Ensembl 76 on my local server. I'm not ready yet to annotate
variants vs GRCh38.
I thought that ensembl 76 version supports both GRCh37 and GRCh38. I
downloaded 76 vep cache for GRCh37:

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-76/variation/VEP/homo_sapiens_merged_vep_76_GRCh37.tar.gz

I get the following error:

*ERROR: Cache assembly version (GRCh37) and database or selected
assembly version (GRCh38) do not match.**
*
I got a bit confused since I saw both cache for GRCh37/38, I would like
to know if in Ensembl 76 I can stilll annotate with GRCh37 or I just
have to move asap to GRCh38 to use 76 version.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Guillermo.