[ensembl-dev] mysql --ssl-ca option

David Rhee david.rhee at einstein.yu.edu
Fri Sep 12 20:48:43 BST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup two remote hosts for DB and web-engine as shown below.

Machine #1 = mysql db for homo_sapiens_core, funcgen, otherfeatures and variation_76_38.
Machine #2 = mysql db for website, and accounts. Plus apache2 for hosting the web code.

We are going to access machine 1 from machine #2 with SSL option for a login.
I have *ca.pem on machine #2 and ready to go. My question is which field can I set in the Homo_Sapiens.ini for this SSL option?

[DATABASE_CORE]
USER = username
PASS = password
HOST = somewhere.edu
PORT = 3306
? = --ssl-ca=/home/user/*ca.pem

Is this even possible without hacking the code? Thanks in advance.

David