[ensembl-dev] Ensembl ftp for release 76

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 09:17:58 BST 2014

Hi Henrikki,

The removal of the release number is intentional, although it does seem
like we missed to update the README, apologies about that.

Our fasta files are only generated if the underlying sequence has changed.
This means that the file in the 76 directory might have been generated
in release 72 and since copied from release to release.
As this caused confusion, we decided to remove the release tag entirely.

Using the release directory (ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-76) will
still give you access to the latest files available for a given release.

Regards,
Magali