[ensembl-dev] compara: not a valid species name (check DB and API version)

James Allen jallen at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 16:00:32 GMT 2014

Hello,
Further to Stephen's explanation, an explanation of why there is no version 77 Ensembl Genomes database: There is usually a lag of 1-2 weeks between Ensembl and EG releases, but it's been longer than that this time due to a datacenter move than fell right in the middle of the projects' release dates. However, EG release 24 (i.e. the one that uses the Ensembl 77 schema/code) is scheduled for tomorrow (11th Nov), so you could wait till then, or use release 76 in the meantime.

Cheers,
James