[ensembl-dev] method to fetch 5' and /or 3' from a feature- ensembl variation

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 14:07:13 BST 2014

Hi Nathalie,

We are working on a method to support this kind of enquiry, but it turns
out to be quite finely nuanced to find the nearest feature when it
overlaps others. I hope to get it included in release 77.

If you're curious, take a look at the feature/getnearestgene branch on
Github. This code is functional but I don't recommend using it until we
release it properly, as it will continue to evolve.

Regards,

Kieron Taylor
Ensembl Core